Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Today I am grateful....

I thought about doing the 22 days of gratefulness thing, but I'm always grateful for the following things and I knew I'd be terrible at doing it every day. It would have ended up as one day of gratefulness here and another day there, a total of two days in my 22 and that's not even cool.

So today, I'm grateful for a lot of things.

1) For my amazing husband. He amazes me everyday with just how much he loves me. The other day, we were driving home and had a long way still to go and it was getting late. I started to cry and I mean really cry about some stuff and he pulled all the way off the freeway, into a parking lot, and gave me a huge hug. All he said was "Let's go for a walk". He knows exactly how to cheer me up and he never delays doing it. He makes me laugh and everyday I'm reminded why this guy is the one for me. So today, I'm grateful for the love of a man I don't deserve.

2) I'm grateful for my amazing mother. One who checks up on me every single day and knows just what to say to pick me up and get me going again. One who has always been the best example and has never let me down. So today, I'm grateful for my hero.

3) I'm grateful for my amazing, strong sisters. My two older sisters have been through so much this year and they've just pushed right on through. And for my little sister who has also been through way more than a young girl should and who always has a smile and a positive outlook. She always knows how to make me laugh and I love her more than anything. So today, I'm grateful for my role models.

4) I'm grateful for my Tucker. It always brightens my day to hear his little voice over the phone. The random stories and songs he has for me and just the sound of my name are enough to make my heart burst.

5) I'm grateful for the wonderful advances in medicine and technology. So today, I'm grateful that my new nephew Treyson is doing so well and I can't wait to meet the next little guy to steal my heart.

6) I'm grateful for all of my inherited nieces and nephews and for the smiles they bring to my face. I've never met more loving and awesome kids and I'm so glad I can call them mine now!

7) I'm grateful for my wonderful in laws. It's not often that you hear somebody liking their in laws, but I love mine. I love how much they care and how they're always willing to help. So today, I'm grateful for family.

8) I'm grateful for the Air Force. For the free amazing job training and for helping us get by. School and work at the same time? Can't get better than that!

9) I'm grateful for my new calling as Primary Chorister and for the constant reminder of how simple the gospel really is. The sound coming from those little voices and hearing their answers, prayers, and testimonies, is another testimony to me that this church really is true. So today, I'm grateful for the weekly heart warmings.

10) I'm grateful for our cute little apartment. It's not big, but it's big enough. It's not decorated, but the potential is so fun. It's perfect for us and I love every inch of it. So today, I'm grateful for a place of our own that we can call home.

11) Although I often say the opposite, I'm grateful for our move out here to California. It's been tough and I've been homesick, but it's helped me to see who I really am and who my friends really are. I'm grateful for our little area that has basically everything.. minus Corner Bakery and Sweet Tooth Fairy, but I guess Panera makes up for it:)

12) I'm grateful for my friends, the ones who are genuinely there and the ones that will be my best friends for life.

13) I'm grateful for school, for the things I'm learning and the fact that it gives me something to do. On top of that, I'm grateful to be graduating in just a few short months.

14) I'm grateful for my Maggie Mazda and although she's having some troubles, she's been a great little car and with a few little fixes she'll be running great again.

15) I'm grateful for the Gospel and for prayer and scripture study. I know that without all of these, I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be happy.

Today, and everyday, I'm grateful for my family and for my life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment