Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Monday, November 5, 2012

My Mommy Would Be Proud

When we got engaged, we decided that I'd be the one to pay the bills and figure out all of the finances. And being the nerd that I am, I got really excited about it and bought a budget tracker, filing box, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, those things didn't do the trick. When the bills came in, I'd tell Derek to throw them on my desk and I'd file them later. And it never happened and then to find the paperwork and stuff for each company was a nightmare. We needed a new system. 
And this is what I found!

It has been amazing and the nerd in me loves the organization. 
I just bought dividers with pockets, printed out some calendars, bought a simple hole punch and now everything is in one spot, in order, and nothing gets confused. 

I pretty much followed exactly what she did and it's wonderful. I'm proud. 




This lovely binder is my next project to tackle:)

No comments:

Post a Comment