Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our Story: Chapter 1.The Beginning:)


Our story is a different one, but I wouldn't trade it for any other story. It kinda started 2 years ago, give or take a few months, probably more take than give however, when his sister Tiffany wanted to set us up. I'm friends with Tiffany's sister in law, Hannah and that's how I met Tiffany. Derek was still on his mission at that point and I was dating someone else when he came home, so neither of us knew about this potential set up.

Fast forward a few months, to Septemberish 2011. Hannah was tagged in a picture by somebody I'd never heard of, so what do I do? I did what I do best, and Facebook stalked said person ( not once, not twice, maybe not even just 4 times) and boy, was he cute! (still is by the way;))  I considered asking Hannah to set us up, but failed to do so.

Fast forward to April 2, 2012 when I get an excited voicemail from Hannah saying she wanted to set me up and to call her back. I didn't get it until later that night so I texted her and she sent back "Derek Kramer" and I knew exactly who that was:) I knew it was Tiff's brother and I knew I wanted a date! She explained that he was in the Air Force and was in Mississippi at tech school until the middle of May. Yikes. She said he'd be up for getting to know me before though. I thought "why not?"

He texted me the next day and we texted for a few days after that until we decided we should probably Skype. Skype is scary. I'd never done it before, so I chickened and WITHOUT lying, told him I had to figure Skype out, but could we chat on the phone? We did just that:) and talked for hours! And then the dreaded day of Skype came... Turned out not to be an issue:) and Skype quickly became my favorite iPhone app. We texted and talked on the phone every weekday after he had class and then would Skype every weekday night for about an hour. Weekends were a different story. Friday and Saturday nights consisted of Skype dates that lasted between 6 and 11 hours, non stop. Time would fly so fast and I had no idea so much time had passed! Derek was so cute and thought of having pizza dates over Skype. So he'd order my pizza over the super cool new online ordering tools and then he'd order his and they'd get there about the same time:) dinner dates from 1,800 miles away? Not impossible;) I loved those weekly pizza dates. We became best friends and talked about anything and everything. At first, I was so skeptical about it all- he'd only be in Utah for 2 and a half weeks before being stationed in Cali for several years, it was military, it was starting over Skype- I was ready to tell him it wasn't going to work. But it didn't take long for me to realize that it didn't matter if this guy was sent to Cali, Florida, Italy, Japan, or the space station in outer space, I wanted to be with him. It didnt take long for us to realize it was a question of "when" we'd get married instead of an "if." We didn't need to be together physically to know that we had something special. He was made for me and he makes me so happy. We joke that we're the same person because we have the same tastes, music taste, ideas, views, and preferences that it's almost scary. However, we have a FEW distinct differences that make life fun, for example: he likes hot sauce on EVERYTHING, the way we say the names of freeways (he claims it's "THE 80" when everybody clearly knows its "I-80", and he loves it when I slip and say "the";) be strong Nes!), and he likes top sheets (this will change, I promise). He's the most amazing, kind, gentle, honest, and loving person I have ever met and I don't know how I survived without him. I am the luckiest girl to be his future Mrs I tell ya what! It's crazy, it's fast, but as my mom said "you never know how you'll meet the man who will turn your life upside down." and he has surely done that! I'll gladly keep him:)

2 comments:

  1. Ah ness this made me cry!!!! I love it!! So happy for you to join the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, of course, got teary too! Nessa, You are SOOOOOO good for him and to him. I am so glad that Hannah and Tiffany's match making powers worked for you both. Can't wait to have you join the Kramer ranks! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete