Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Engaged-Aversary!

Time is a funny thing. Growing up, all I did was dream about the day that I would be engaged. I would run scenarios of proposals through my head. I even had names for my make-believe potential grooms. I would look down at my left hand and picture a ring there and, sometimes, I'd even put ctr rings I had on my left hand and pretend I was engaged while no one else was around. I've always been wedding and proposal crazy. I think it's the hopeless romantic in me. I watched wedding show after wedding show, browsed dress site after dress site, and designed rings on shane co. All I wanted was to be engaged and plan a wedding.

It wasn't until Derek came along that I realized why I was so wedding crazy. I wanted to be engaged because I couldn't wait to have a man that I could call all my own. One that I could share everything with, one who would always make me laugh, one who would know me better than anyone else. I wanted to be completely committed and know that there was nothing that would tear us apart. I never liked the open ended idea of dating... It was hard on me to know that at any second, that relationship could end. I wanted a forever marriage... one built on trust, love, communication, laughter, and happiness.

It has been a year since Derek proposed, and it has been everything I always imagined it to be. The ring was perfect (and the newer one is just as beautiful, ha!). The setting was perfect. And even though my reaction wasn't what I had always planned, I like the real reaction better. I'm so glad that Derek arranged to have it filmed, it's one of my favorite things in the world to watch.

I'm working on getting the video embedded, but for now, hopefully this link will work!
Or you can read about it here!

The proposal meant that I would be marrying the man of my dreams. He's everything to me and more. He does every little thing that he can for me and makes me feel so special and so wonderful. He's the best man I know and I'm so grateful he proposed because I wouldn't be this happy if he hadn't. I love him more than he knows.





2 comments:

  1. That video is ADORABLE. And I was wedding crazy growing up too! I planned out a wedding for every single person I dated even though I knew we would never get married...just because it was fun to imagine me as a bride.

    When Matt asked me I was so tired (he chose the worst day, I swear) that I just covered my face with my hands and was like "Is this really happening..?" and he thought I mean no lol! So after my official yes we just hugged and hugged for forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel happy reading about it. Best wishes Jenessa - miss you!

    ReplyDelete