Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Post from the Past: Fall Break 2012!

Fall Break!! A college student's favorite part of fall semester... or at least it's mine.
My cute roommate (pre-marriage:)), flew down from Utah for a few days and we had a blast! Love you Ti-Money!

First stop? HOLLYWOOD! We'd never been and we loved it! 

 Shirley Temple's handprints


 Isn't she cute?

 Celebrity handprints in front of Chinese Theater, for the life of me I cannot remember if it had an actual name!

 Walk of fame! The star sidewalks went on forever!!



And then it was the Santa Monica Pier! So Fun!




 This was a trapeze school! I will do this before I die!

 Tiff was sitting under this sign and could not figure out why everyone was taking pictures above her head! Ha!



 We're lovers of the beach!

 Cute and yummy burger place!



Absolutely loved having her here! The next day we just laid low and then drove to the airport!

Oh! I forgot to mention the most epic night of bowling ever! The first game, I only missed two pins. TOTAL.  That's two pins in all 10 frames people. It was fantastic and I promise it was luck and it will never happen again!


I was "S"... It stands for "Sessa", that's what the Neph calls me:)

On Friday night, Derek's best friend and his siblings came over for a night of pizza, crafts, dessert, and NBA basketball tournaments on the XBOX.
 My craft for the night: Before

 After:)

 The beginning of the yummiest dessert ever! Baked SMORES!


They were phenomenal, let me tell you!

Then, Saturday morning, Bryce was my hero. He got us tickets to the Utah vs UCLA game! I didn't have to miss every single Utah game afterall and I was so happy! Even though I did have to be a traitor and wear UCLA colors, I snuck in my Utah necklace and my red toms! 


 See my necklace?!:)

The gang- They're so great:)

And to top a fantastic break off, the hubby took me on a cute, Cute, CUTE date!
We went to the Santa Monica Pier and rode the Ferris Wheel! He knows how much I love them!





He's going to make me tell you that he took this, so I'll just tell you now:) He took this

Wonderful fall break with wonderful people! Spring break has tough competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment