Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

HOME

My sister and I joke at times that sometimes, songs are the only things that explain how we're feeling 
and get us through. Without searching for these songs, they find their way to us and our
 views on the situation are changed. 
Moving to Cali has been tough for me. 
It's not where I grew up, it's new and scary, I don't know anybody, and it's not.... 
home

This song did just what a lot of other songs do for me, but bigger. It found it's way to me through my sister of course... most do. 


HOME by Phillip Phillips 

{ Hold on, to me as we go }
As we roll down this { unfamiliar road }
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

{ Settle down, it'll all be clear }
Don't pay no mind to the demons
{ They fill you with fear }
{ The trouble it might drag you down }
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. oo-oo-oo-oo 
Aaa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa. aa-aa-aa-aaaaaa 

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. oo-oo-oo-oo 
Aaa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa. aa-aa-aa-aaaaaa 



"Home is wherever I am with you" 

Wherever my cute Hubby is, that's where home really is. And he's here and we're both here together. We only have each other and that's all we really need. It's tough being away but when that gets us down and when we fear for what's ahead, we have each other. We have our cute little apartment and it's home. It's where we are together. And we're never alone. 

Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm going to make this place your home

No comments:

Post a Comment