Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Our Day of all Days:)

Everybody says that their wedding day was the best day of their lives, and while I totally believed it, I think it's something you don't understand till you see it. September 21, 2012 was the best day of my life. So cliche and I don't even care because it's as true as it is cliche. It began at 6 am in the morning and my sister in law came over to do my hair and make up. I was exhausted. Not sleeping the night before can do that to ya, but I still felt wide awake and so ready for the day to start. For the first time in probably ever, I was dressed and ready to go a half an hour before we needed to leave. That was the longest half hour ever. We finally drove to the temple and as we were driving we were behind Derek and his dad while they were walking in. That's when my heart began to race. This was real. I was marrying my best friend that day. He came out to look for us right as we turned the corner and he gave me the biggest cutest hug and we walked in and squared everything away and we sat in the extra sealing room just outside our own. Sitting together in that room and laughing and smiling will remain one of my favorite memories. Then the sealer came in and told us to come with him, it was time to get married! Walking in that sealing room and seeing so many of our loved ones was the most incredible thing. Tears began to sting my eyes and my throat tightened and it was all I could do not to just let it out. Our sealer was amazing and staring into Derek's teary eyes was the best moment in the history of moments. At 10:10 in sealing room 3 in the Draper Temple, we were pronounced Husband and Wife:) (Thank you to Hannah for the time:)) We had a bet, well Tiffany and I did, to see who would be ready first, and of course, I won! (pretty proud actually:)) and then we walked out to see the rest of our family and take pictures. It was amazing to have all of our loved ones so close and there to support us.


We then took pictures, just the two of us, while everyone went to the luncheon to set up. When it was time to leave, we realized that the keys to our car were in fact with everybody else and nowhere near us. As the only mishap that showed up that day, we took it and got a ride with the photographer. Our ring ceremony was beautiful and so well done.

The reception turned out to be everything I wanted. It was fun and lively and we had so many of our family and friends there. Thank you to everyone who made it so wonderful! And a huge thanks to our families who put so much time and effort and love into every detail.

I married my best friend on September 21, 2012 and that day will always remain my favorite day. Every day since has shown me more and more reasons why. I married the best man I know and he's so good to me. Better than I ever imagined. I love him more than he'll ever know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment