Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thank You Cards, Wedding Photos and a Little Bit of the Latelies

First off, I'm proud to announce that thank you cards are {ALMOST} done! Don't worry if you haven't gotten yours yet, they will all {hopefully} be on their way tomorrow! And just a tip for those not yet wed or getting married, do postcards. Cheaper to buy AND to send and you don't have to deal with the hassle of opening the card and then stuffing them. And I think they're pretty cute! Here's a pic of ours:




I apologize for their sideways-ness, I cant figure out how to switch orientation.

Second, thanks to the absolutely wonderful Jana Glass, our wedding photos have been edited and are now in our long awaiting hands 4 months later. My beautiful photographer sadly passed away two short months after our wedding from a quick but tough battle with cancer. From the few short days I spent with her, I knew she was a beautiful person and I wish well to her tiny little family. She did an incredible job and Jana, as always, is an amazing editor. Here's some of my favorites:



















And third, while there are a few more posts in the works with more detail, I needed to post an update on the latelies.....

Derek has been playing on the basketball team for the tower on base and has a blast! He's assistant coach even though he may be the only one that knows that. We're excited to both be playing on the volleyball team next month! A perk of military life.  Derek is currently stuck in stop training while he waits for those ahead of him in the training schedule to finish Local training. Next up! Directing airplanes in the sky! I'm so proud of him and watching him in the tower is the cutest thing. He lights up whenever there is a plane and he can explain to me what is going on and how everything works. I'm glad my hubby has a job he loves. It makes the Air Force worth it.

We have cute new friends in our ward and they play racquetball multiple times a week, and through them, we have found our new hobby! Derek is great at it, but then again he is terrific at every sport, and I on the other hand.... nobody wants to be on my team because we lose... every game. It's not my fault my hand eye coordination is missing. But it's still fun!

I opened up an etsy shop at the beginning of this month. It doesn't have much on it and it doesn't have a plan yet, but when I made a cute craft for our apartment, Derek told me I should sell my stuff, so I began that process. I have made one sale so far and I was so ecstatic! But I've actually done more outside of etsy than I have inside just in the 3 weeks I've had it open! If you need any cute decorations done, I am your girl and I would love to do it! My dream job is to make DIY decorations for weddings. I want to have a company, of probably just me, that brides can come to with their colors and ideas and I will make it all for them! One day Ness, one day.... I'm also learning how to sew which so far has been a blast. My mom helped me through a few small projects growing up, but I'm teaching myself off of what she did and other people as well and hopefully will be able to be good at it! On top of all of that, school is back in full swing for the last and final semester. I almost cried when I realized that it was my last first day of school, but its a good thing and I will love it I know.

And that's all for the latelies I think! I promise I'll be better at posting (if at least for myself)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your updates. That is a great idea to open up your own business to make crafts for weddings. If it happens and you need an assistant...you know where I am ;) Ha ha. Either way we can always craft together.

    ReplyDelete