Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Friday, January 4, 2013

The Surprise Scoreboard

We, The Kramer's, are pretty competitive people...always. It's not in Derek's nature to just "let me win", although, he will on occasion do just that if I "jokingly" get upset. But hands down, Derek wins the Surprise competition. 

Jenessa-1

Derek- 6

And these aren't measly little surprises either. These are the kinds of surprises that take between an hour to a month to pull off. 


J's Surprises:

  • The spur of the moment Cali trip. Right after D moved to Cali, I decided to jump on a plane not even 5 days later and with the help of his best friend's family, I was sitting on the couch when he showed up. Best reaction ever.
D's Surprises:

  • Before we even met, he sent flowers to my doorstep
  • Instead of coming home on the 17th of May like planned, he came home on the 15th and had my best buds take me shopping. He popped out of Restoration Hardware at City Creek.
  • The proposal was a 100% surprise... 
  • He has this thing about telling me he still has an hour left of work and then he walks in a minute later. It will give me a heart attack one day and this should count for hundreds of surprises but my competitive side won't allow for that. 
  • On one of these said occasions, his mom called and needed something from me, but I didn't answer right away. Derek had just said he had to go up for training which takes about an hour. When I called his mom back, she said she had already spoken to him. A few minutes later, he walks in with flowers
  • The most recent one? I flew to Utah on December 17th for a week with the fam and friends while D still had to work. He was supposed to get there on the 23rd (Sunday). Saturday morning, I sat down at the table for breakfast and while speaking to my mom, the front door opens and quickly closes. He ran through the living room, through the opposite end of the kitchen and hugged me from behind! I was so shocked! He knew for weeks that he would be coming earlier and he kept it quiet! The previous night, I called him and asked him to look for my temple recommend in my temple bag. He was in Vegas at the time and pretended to look for it and not find it. For all he knew, it could have been in there! He's lucky it wasn't ;)


J-1
D-6 +

Derek, you SNEEEEAKY husband!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment