Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Our Story: Chapter 3.The BEST Two Weeks of My ENTIRE Life

I know the title sounds a little extreme, and it might be, but it's true. The two and a half weeks following the end of my last post were hands down, the GREATEST. Finally being with the man of my dreams was beyond wonderful. Except for those lame few mornings when he had to work, we spent basically every waking second together. My roommates never saw me and my room exploded because I would wake up super early and at the very last possible second, get ready in the dark, be with Derek all day long until the last possible second pretty late, and then I'd hit the pillow and be out. Then I'd repeat that same thing 6, and sometimes only even 5, hours later. It was nuts, but so worth it.

This next part is where I get really super sad that I'm awful at remembering to take pictures. I didn't take very many, and I'm so bummed! GOAL: (for life)- Take more pictures of everything! During our two and a half weeks together, we basically ran from one activity to the next, never really stopping to relax except for a few times. Here's a, hopefully complete but probably not complete (thank you technology for providing the edit post option because I'll need to add more later for sure), list of what we did:)

Not in chronological or even favorite order:


  • Ate LOTS of In N Out- Good thing I love it, I had no idea it would be a staple in my diet one day;)
  • Drove down to Ogden to do Flow Rider, TWICE. Only did Flow Rider once;) Made it on KSL news at the same time.
  • Got caught in a HUGE rain storm at Hill Air Force base with his family. This is where pictures would have been great because all of us, drenched, running for what felt like forever, was hilarious. 
  • Got ENGAGED (if ever there was an event worthy of it's own post, this one is it;))
  • We had a big family BBQ with both of our families, which was SO fun!
  • Had a Pizza date sans Skype!
  • Played softball on my mom's team, and we played GREAT! well... he did. He hit it over the fence, I just caught a fly ball and got too excited and forgot that the game was still happening. 
  • Registered at Target- let me tell you what. That stuff is a blast! But by the end, we were so dead!
  • I nannied and he was my "manny":) We had fun with my kiddos and he was so great with them! They loved him! I'd walk in some mornings and without even saying hello they'd ask "Nessa, where's Derek?!?!" Loved it!
    • This included lots of time on the trampoline and lots of pictures taken of the kids and their typical sleeping in the car poses.
  • Spent tons of time with family! Watching movies, making dinner, going out to dinner, going to church, going for walks, laying in the hammock, playing football, chasing nieces and nephews, laughing, you name it. 
  • Took engagement pictures! So fun! We took them in Mainstreet Park City and had balloons! Walking around with a huge bunch of balloons and a huge smile on your face does wonders for other's moods... I could tell:) 
  • Went on a few great double dates! I met lots of his awesome friends and he met two of mine! Sorry for those that we didn't get to see:( there wasn't a lot of time! 

That's probably not even all, but that's what's coming to my head now.. Editing this post may just be necessary. 

I loved those two and a half weeks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment