Life is like a recipe. You've got the fun and yummy ingredients but you've also got the necessary gross ingredients that don't
become something great until all mixed in. Life is the same. You've got your good days and then you've got your trials. Taking
trials by themselves, they're terrible and bitter. But when all mixed into life, you see the blessings and wonderful joys they bring.
Like flour and baking powder, you have your necessary evils. Butter is like the grease of working. Sugar is like the good days,
they make everything sweet. But when all of these are mixed together, you come out with something wonderful... hopefully. When
you mix the elements of life, you also come out with something very... Extraordinary.
Welcome to the recipe of our lives.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our Story: Chapter 2.Or So I Thought



So while we'd been skyping, we counted down to the day we'd actually meet, which was May 17, OR SO I THOUGHT. I was counting down the days until he was coming home and about two weeks before, my best friends Lexie and Hannah decided they wanted to go shopping at City Creek the Tuesday right before, May 15,  to find my outfit that I'd wear to meet him on Thursday. They picked me up, which should have been weird, and kinda was. And then we got to City Creek and slowly moved through the big department stores. They were going really slowly and wanted to look at everything. We left one big department store and as I was walking, Lexie and Hannah lagged behind slightly and as I turned to see why, they were whispering and sharing text messages. I got so bugged! Derek hadn't been texting me for several hours, not to mention he claimed he had 6 hours of briefings that morning, which I thought was bogus, and then he claimed he had 3 hours to text me, but didn't have time to charge his phone when it was going to die. I got really bugged at him too, so me and my temperamental self that day put my phone in my purse and got huffy and puffy at Hannah and Lexie. We then walked into Sephora and Lexie asked what was wrong, and I told her I was ticked that they were being all buddy buddy. So childish of me. Lexie just brushed it off, which made me more mad and almost demanded we go to H&M and said we had to find it by taking the downstairs route. We walked out and ran into her husband and as we turned around to start walking, out jumps Derek from the Restoration Hardware store! I looked at him once and thought, "no way" and then all of a sudden, he's running at me and picks me up in the biggest hug of my life! All I could say was "you're not supposed to be here!" good one ness, good one. I then introduced him to Lex and Alex and then they all left. We sat on this little rock outside the store and he explained everything to me, like how he tried calling me twice to get me to come out, BUT since I was mad, I didn't feel it in my purse so the girls had to do on the spot scheming. Thanks again girls:) We hugged so tightly sitting on that little rock. He kissed me then, the cutest and best kiss ever! And to be honest, I don't really remember much of what else was done or said on that cute little rock. He asked if I wanted to go to Tooele to see his fam and after I said yes, he told me he had no idea where the car was! So grabbing my hand, we ran and kissed, and ran some more trying to find our car in Downtown Salt Lake. Once he figured out kind of where we were, he swept me off my feet and ran, with me in his arms, all the way to the parking garage, and then... a bit more kissing happened;) driving out to Tooele, all I could said say was "you're home!", I really don't remember saying much more than that, maybe some "I love you"s? I was still in shock. It was so great to be with him while being with his fam. I had spent a lot of time with them, met almost all of them, without him there. Definitely not normal, but they took me in and I loved it! After his sisters party, we decided to leave and we were starving! So we got Carl's jr and since it was so late, we had to eat it on the curb! So fun! We drove back to my place and saying goodbye was so hard! Maybe one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever done! He was home! He was all mine! I didn't want to leave his side, not for a second.  But that night started THE BEST TWO AND A HALF WEEKS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are really good at making me cry and tear up! We loved you from the get go and it was especially impressive that you were brave enough to hang with us so much before he was even home! I love you and am so glad that you will be my sister! Love, Bec

    ReplyDelete